Manager in Grade 3 within the Tech.mt Foundation
The Manager in Grade 3 will be expected to apply an acquired list of duties carried out at Tech.mt. These include and are not limited to:
- Reporting to the CEO or to any other official to whom the CEO’s authority is delegated, will be required to assist in the execution of strategy mandated by the Board;
- Provide support to the senior manager in managing PR & Marketing plan of Tech.mt;
- Carry out supervision duties and training of staff working within the branch of activity;
- Managing all marketing for the company and activities within the marketing department;
- Developing the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives and Co-ordinating marketing campaigns in line with this strategy;
- Overseeing the company’s marketing budget;
- Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans together with Planning and implementing promotional campaigns;
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity;
- Preparing online and print marketing campaigns following distribution of such material, monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications;
- Creating a wide range of different marketing materials including working closely with design agencies and assisting with new campaigns and ideas;
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives;
- Analysing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing;
- Assist in coordination activities with other branches within Tech.mt and other entities falling within the same Ministry;
- Duties relating to exchanges of information internally and externally where approved or allowable by GDPR regulations;
- Participate in meetings with local stakeholders to assist and promote the Technology sector and Malta as a technology hub of choice;
- Provide assistance in bilateral international meetings including negotiations to attract foreign direct investment;
- Participate in international fora including meetings organised by global Tech bodies;
- Drafting, interpretation and translation of instruments applicable to the tech sector including but not limited to applications for funding for projects related to the sector; and
- Provide technical assistance to taxpayers’ queries in relation to tech sector.
Furthermore s/he will be expected to assist in other duties as may be directed from time to time by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or by any other official to whom the CEO’s authority is delegated.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of Tech.mt.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in a Marketing & PR; or Communications; or Business & Entrepreneurship; or Information Technology; or an equivalent qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; AND four (4) years prior work experience in the area/s of Marketing & PR; or Communications; or Business & Entrepreneurship; or Information Technology; OR
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates with a Diploma in Marketing & PR; or Communications; or Business & Entrepreneurship; or Information Technology; at NQF Level 5 or an equivalent qualification in a relevant field of study AND five (5) years prior work experience in the field/s of Marketing & PR; or Communications; or Business & Entrepreneurship; or Information Technology; OR
- Candidates who at least possess seven (7) years’ experience in the field/s of Marketing & PR; or Communications; or Business & Entrepreneurship; or Information Technology.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 434/2020
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to email@example.com
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 28th September 2020.
Tech.mt will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. Tech.mt reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
Apply for a job with Tech.mt
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on https://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
Tech.mt shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to Tech.mt Chief Executive Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.