This statement applies to the official website of Tech.mt at www.tech.mt and was last updated on 06/02/2024.
Table of Contents
1. Measures to support accessibility
Tech.mt takes the following measures throughout the organisation to ensure accessibility of its website:
- Includes accessibility through its internal policies.
- Assigns clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employs formal accessibility assurance methods
2. Conformance Status
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
Tech.mt’s website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA which maps to EN 301 549 as per the European Web Accessibility Directive. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not yet fully conform to the accessibility standard.
3. Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Tech.mt’s website is designed to be compatible with the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Edge 106
- Firefox Version 105 or later
- Chrome Version 108 or later
4. Technical specifications and accessibility measures used
Accessibility of Tech.mt’s website relies on HTML technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer.
This technology is relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Tech.mt’s website implements the following accessibility features:
- Maintain a consistent HTML Heading hierarchy and information layout across different web pages.
- Ensure the website can be navigated using only a keyboard and that it is clear which element has focus from the keyboard.
- Disseminate email notifications about new website content.
- Add image title, alt tag and caption wherever this information is relevant and useful.
- Maximise colour contrast for text where applicable.
- Actual link text is descriptive enough to inform user where the link points to.
- Use of aria labels to ensure all links, buttons, and actionable elements include descriptive labels for screen readers.
- Implement all external links so that they open into new browser tabs.
- Implement captioning in as much multimedia content as possible.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of our website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on:
Phone: +356 22262100
Postal address: AM Business Center, Level 1, Triq il-Labour, Żejtun, ZTN 2401, Malta.
We aim to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
6. Limitations and alternatives
The following limitations are observed at present:
- No option to skip repeated content
- Some hyperlinks on the website may be identifiable only by colour
- Some PDF documents may lack the proper formatting for use by accessibility technologies
- The content accordions on the hompeage are not toggling open/closed with using keyboard navigation
- The Google reCaptcha iframe which is an antispam mechanism on various forms is missing a text alternative.
- The “#mega-menu-wrap” element ID is not unique as it is included twice on each page to cate for desktop and mobile users.
Tech.mt has implemented a continuous improvement programme to rectify the above however despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Tech.mt’s website, there may be some limitations which may have gone unnoticed or are planned to be made accessible soon. Please contact us if you observe any such issue in our website.
7. Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This accessibility statement is approved by the CEO of Tech.mt.
8. Formal complaints
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days.
You are entitled to escalate a complaint to Tech.mt at https://www.mca.org.mt/accessibilitycomplaint or to the Commission for the Rights for Persons with Disability (CRPD), should you be dissatisfied with our response to you. In the case of continued non-compliance the Malta Communications Authority adopts the enforcement procedure as per SUBSIDIARY LEGISLATION 418.03.