Surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea, the Maltese Islands are a rich tapestry of history, culture, and natural beauty. The language of business in Malta is English, and the country has been a full member state of the European Union since 2004.
Malta’s approach to business promotion, development and a good standard of living make the island republic a destination of choice for relocation of business and personal residence. The island acts as a platform for international business and commerce providing legal certainty, a high level of professional advisers, a skilled workforce, lower overall operating costs, and a business-friendly environment.
Main Reasons to do Business in Malta
- Convenient time zone (GMT+1)
- Good weather and high standard of living
- A sophisticated, European business environment
- Reasonable set-up and operational costs
- State-of-the art communications infrastructure
Setting Up/Incorporating a Start-up in Malta
The Maltese Islands have become a hive of activity for technology, finance, and international business, fueled primarily by attractive fiscal advantages and low business costs. As a result, the quantity and quality of international businesses establishing a presence in Malta is increasing at a steady rate.
Our foundations lie in our advisory practice. We strive to offer timely and pragmatic advice on all aspects of Maltese Corporate law as well as on related company incorporation structures for Tech start-ups in Malta.
Why Tech.mt? Malta – Leading Through Innovation
With a drive to expand the value of the technology industry in Malta, Tech.mt aims to position Malta as a quality, creative tech-savvy country and promote Malta as a suitable set-up for foreign direct investment, whilst also promoting the local technological industries abroad.
Our Technology & Innovation Ecosystem
Throughout the past years, Malta has successfully diversified its economy with the tech sector, not only by being a key sector in its own right, but also being a transversal sector supporting the growth of other important sectors.
Today, we have a tech sector that is supporting a growing remote gaming industry, a mature financial services sector together with key supporting and development functions in the clusters of aviation, maritime and life sciences.
- Malta’s Total Factor Productivity (TFP) ranks higher than the EA-19 in terms of technological advancement and higher levels of output per labour hour
- Ranked 5th in the Digital Economy & Society Index (DESI) 2020
- During the third quarter of 2020, GVA for Information and Communication rose by 6.5% when compared to the same quarter in 2019
- Malta ranks amongst the top 5 best performing countries in the area of intellectual assets
- Highest rate of performance increase (by 18.2%) since 2018, in the area of attractive research systems
- Distributed Ledger Technology
- Virtual Financial Assets
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud Applications
- Internet of Things
- Regulatory Technology
- Big Data Analytics
- Robust Legal & Regulatory Frameworks
- Innovation Hubs & Science Parks
- Research & Education
- Strong Digital Infrastructure
- Co-working Spaces
Get support on establishing a digial presence and
taking your business online.
Grants & Incentives