Framework Contract For The Provision of a Multi-Room Venue, and Catering Services Taking Into Consideration Seasonality and Minimizing Waste Generation For An Event Organised by Tech.MT
The overall objectives of the project shall be the provision of a multi-room venue, and catering services for an event organised by Tech.mt between the 12th and 14th of March 2024. To enable proper logistic coordination, the venue and all allocated areas (except for the area identified for the opening event on the evening of the 12th of March 2024) should be made available for use between the 11th to 15th March 2024.
To ensure the successful organization of an event hosted by Tech.mt from the 12th to the 14th of March 2024, we require a multi-room venue along with comprehensive catering services.
The venue should meet the following specifications:
- The selected indoor venue must be located in the island of Malta and equipped with the necessary infrastructure to accommodate a large event with a minimum of five hundred (500) guests;
- A designated area with a minimum of six (6) registration desks should be provided by the venue for use by the event organizers throughout the duration of the event. This registration area should be conveniently located near the main entrance, allowing attendees to easily access other areas within the venue;
- A separate indoor area should be designated specifically for exhibitors, with a minimum area of 700m2. This area must be accessible to the Contracting Authority and its contractors for equipment setup starting from March 11th, 2024;
- Another dedicated area is required for speakers, the area should include a stage measuring a minimum of 25m2 and include a minimum of three hundred and fifty (350) seats. This area should also have sufficient space for the assembly and operation of audiovisual equipment. It should be made available to the Contracting Authority from March 11th, 2024;
- The venue should provide separate storage space of a minimum size of 100m2. The storage area should be accessible between the 11th and 15th of March 2024;
- A separate indoor area is needed including round bistro tables covered in clean white linen/table cloths, for an evening opening reception event on the 12th of March 2024, accommodating approximately five hundred (500) guests. This area will not be required on the 13th and 14th of March 2024;
- Around 25 parking spaces should be available for contractors and staff from the 11th to the 15th of March 2024;
- All areas within the venue must be housed within the same building and connected by walkways/corridors to facilitate the smooth flow of guests between different areas;
- With the exception of the designated area for the evening opening event on the 12th of March 2024, all other areas should be available for use from the 11th to the 15th of March 2024. This extended availability is necessary for proper event logistics and the setup and dismantling of equipment;
- The venue should provide appropriate signage to guide guests to the event areas;
- The Signage shall include the logos of the event which will be provided by the Contracting Authority;
- The venue shall also include easily accessible and clearly marked fir exits and fire points as established by the Occupational Health and Safety Authority;
- Catering services, including waiters and bar staff are required for the opening event on the evening of the 12th of March 2024, including a minimum of thirty (30) finger food items, water (free-flowing), soft drinks and premium label wines, beers, and spirits for a duration of four (4) hours. The Food and Beverage menu is to be approved by the Contracting Authority;
The Food and Beverage Requirements
Accommodating approximately five hundred (500) guests.
Finger Food Items:
- 3 Assorted Canapes;
- 12 Cold Items;
- 12 Hot Items;
- 3 Assorted Sweets/Desserts/Seasonal Fruits.
- Local/ Foreign branded Still and Sparkling water;
- Minimum 4 Local/ Foreign Branded Soft Drinks;
- Minimum 3 Local/ Foreign Branded Beers;
- Minimum 2 types of Local/Foreign Branded Wines for White/ Red/Rose
- Minimum 2 types of Foreign Branded Spirits (i.e. Whisky/ Whiskey, Vodka, Rum, Gin, Vermouth and/ or Brandy, Port Wine and Sparkling Wine).
- To include MIXERS with the beverages
- Minimum 2 types of Local/ Foreign branded Juices (i.e. Orange and Pineapple);
- Minimum 2 types of Local/Foreign branded Syrups(i.e. lime/ cordianl and berries);
- Minimum 3 Local/ Foreign branded carbonated water mixers (i.e. Soda water, tonic water and bitter lemon);
- Minimum 1 Branded Energy drink
- Adequate supply of ice.
- Food and beverages are to be served in re-usable containers where possible;
- The GPP criterion set out below in sub-section 4.2.1 of these Terms of Reference must also be adhered to;
- The Contractor shall cater for attendees who may have food allergies or special dietary requirements, such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten and lactose free diets;
- The Contracting Authority will inform the economic operator of the number of persons and any dietary requirements one week before the event.
The timetable is as follows and as per the dates set through the CfT workspace on the ePPS.
|Clarifiation Meeting/Site Visit||Not Applicable||[Time]|
|Deadline for request for any addtional information from the Contracting Authority.
Clarifications by registered users to be sent online through www.etenders.gov.mt
|Last date on which additional information can be issued by the Conracting Authority||17/10/2023||09:30am|
|Deadline for Sumission of Tenders (unless otherwise modified in terms of Clause 10.1 of the General Rules Governing Tendering)||25/10/2023||09:30am|
|Tender opening Session
(unless otherwise modified in terms of Clause 10.1 of the General Rules Governing endeing)
Time-limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate: