A video conference typically involves two or more people from different locations who communicate with each other using a computer with a webcam, microphone and speakers (or telephone), an internet connection and appropriate video conferencing software.
Video-conferencing has become increasingly popular in the past year due to the increase in remote-working practices.
Whenever business is conducted over a videoconference it is important to:
- Always ensure that meetings are password-protected
- Don’t share meeting information on public platforms.
- Administer your call by using host control features.
- Utilize waiting rooms or lobbies.
- Notify users if the meeting is being recorded.
- Disable file transfer features.
- Always update the videoconferencing software to the latest version.
As part of the Cyber Security Malta, Tech.mt collaborates with the Malta Information Technology Agency (MITA) and the Malta Digital Innovation Authority (MDIA) to deliver educational video episodes about Security in the Digital Economy towards a safer future.