Marine pollution is one of the biggest climate change battles the world facing.
Whether it’s snorkelling, swimming, or cruising on a yacht, everyone loves the ocean. But are we doing enough to protect it?
Going for a day trip to Comino or spending a relaxing Sunday on the boat with friends can have more than one negative impact on the surrounding environment. The amount of fuel that is dumped in the ocean to travel by sea is extraordinary.
We met with Nicky Borg Calleja, founder and CEO of Marine Hound. A local company who have joined the fight against the use of illegal fuel which has detrimental effects on our health, our environment and of course, marine life.
Keeping tabs on the amount of sulphur used in fuel is currently very time consuming. Marine Hound’s technology will dramatically change the way checks are done.
Marine Hound has completely revolutionised the detection of illegal through emission control areas in ports and in ocean.
Fighting marine pollution one check at a time, Nicky Borg Calleja talks us through the technology and the instrumental assistance provided by Tech.mt when he was starting up.
Marine Hound and other start-ups, businesses, and innovators are constantly promoted by Tech.mt by facilitating and connecting businesses and creators. The foundation hopes to help these organisations make strategic technological changes.
Tag someone who loves the sea!
With the aim of showcasing the sector’s successes, in 2022 Tech.mt collaborated with Lovin Malta to produce a series of success stories, ‘Tech Heads’, which also serves as a promotional platform to start-ups.
- Maltese Tech Entrepreneur Says Roblox Game Platform Can Help Us Understand The Metaverse
- ‘Nobody Is Below The Radar,’ D4n6 Warn Of Modern Data Security Risks
- Help Your Business Grow With These Revolutionary Payment Solutions
- How AR Technology Is Reinventing The Way We Shop Online
- This Maltese Company Is All About Creating Sustainable Technology
- Why Should I Do Something When A Computer Can Do It?
- Fighting Marine Pollution, Check Out How This Maltese Company Is Making Waves